Living Covenant Ministries International

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Living Covenant Ministries International   » Member Forums   » General Discussion   » HIS WORKS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HIS WORKS
israelthebride
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted      Profile for israelthebride   Email israelthebride   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HIS WORKS

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Yea, a man may say,
Thou hast faith, and I have works:
shew me thy faith without thy works,
and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well:
the devils also believe, and tremble.
But wilt thou know, O vain man,
that faith without works is dead?
JAS 2:17-20

I AM SAVED by my SAVIOR, GOD YHSHWH/JESUS.
HIS SPIRIT LIVES in me.
Now,
HIS WORKS, not mine, LIVE through me, HIS BODY.

I AM HIS OLIVE TREE.
HE is the ROOT of HIS OLIVE TREE.
HE MAINTAINS HIS OLIVE TREE.
The ROOT "FRUITS" through HIS OLIVE TREE.
HIS "FRUITS" are HIS WORKS through me.
=-=-=
Ye shall know them by their fruits.
Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit;
but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit,
neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down,
and cast into the fire.
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
MT 7:16-20

"FRUIT" will reveal a person's ROOT.
WORKS are FRUIT.
GOD YHSHWH WORKS through me.

And, behold, I come quickly;
and my reward is with me,
to give every man according as his work shall be.
REV 22:12
=-=-=

There is only one "work" that is required of me.

Then said they unto him,
What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them,
This is the work of God,
that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
JN 6:28-29

My only "work" is to BELIEVE that GOD YHSHWH is GOD
and
that HE WILL DO everything, and I mean everything,
HE SAYS HE WILL DO.

LOVE, RICOEL

[ October 04, 2005, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: israelthebride ]

--------------------
Judge not, that you be not judged.
The measure you measure others,
that same measure shall be measured to you.

BIBLES in Many Languages

Posts: 126 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Rule
Administrator
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Rule   Email Mike Rule   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks bro! I'm teaching on this passage Sunday! Your insight was really an affirmation.

Shalom!
Mike

Posts: 605 | From: Cass City, Michigan USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Geerlings
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Geerlings   Email John Geerlings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mike
Good choice of topic. Here are two devotionals on believe that have impacted me.
“Believe” 1

John 3:16 (AMPL)
16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([4] unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

We all believe and have faith in something, whether material or immaterial, and we give control over to the object of our faith, through trust, reliance, obedience, and dependence. Physical faith relies totally on the things seen, while Spiritual faith adheres to the things hoped for and not seen.
Jesus has come and redeemed me from the dominion of sin, made me more than a conqueror, saved me from the sting of Satan’s lie through His power and declared me righteous in His sight. It is up to me to trust while I leave the work to God. I need to renew my mind, a choice and decision that I have in time moment by moment, as I change into His image from glory to glory. When I believe by faith that I am dead to sin, then God works in me to do His good and acceptable will.
Sanctification is both a step of faith and process of work; He has set me apart and I believe He works in me. As I yield my members as instruments of righteousness, He will do in me for His good pleasure. As a disciple, I need to give control to Jesus Christ, place my trust in Him, and believe that He has done what He has done, and will do what He promises to do.
God says as I believe in Him, I have obeyed the first commandment and by faith am now a believer from my heart.
As I believe that He has paid the penalty of sin, I also believe that He has removed the power of sin.
As I believe and trust Him for my forgiveness, I also believe and trust that I have become the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
As I believe that He has cleansed me from all past, present and future sins, I also believe that I am now free from condemnation and bondage of sin.
As I believe that Jesus was my dying redeemer, I also believe that He is my new living Savior.
As I believe that He died for me a sinner, I also believe I spiritually died with Him on the cross, and am now a saint able to live out of His resurrected life.
As I believe that He has rescued me and has set me free, I also believe that in this freedom, I am hidden with Jesus in God the Father, seated in heavenly places.
As I believe that with my physical eyes I can see, I also believe that with my Spiritual eyes I can see the things hoped for and not seen.
As I believe that the knowledge of good and evil produces death, I also believe that the person of Jesus Christ gives eternal life.
I believe when I work out my own salvation with fear and trembling, that I believe it is what God has already worked out in me.
I believe that faith without works is dead; I also believe that my works is to believe!
The world says, seeing is believing. The gospel says, believing is seeing.
November,2004

1 John 3:23, 24 (NASV)
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.
24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

I have the ability within my created being to believe, a process that primarily becomes reality through my sensory channels as I move about on the face of the earth. People will try to make me believe through advertising, politics, education and spiritual institutions, just to name a few. I can believe many of these things, but still not be a believer. For example, I can believe that an airplane flies from New York to Miami, but this will neither do me any good, nor harm me, for just believing does not make me a believer. It is not until I believe by faith, a second party, (the airplane) and get on that plane, and give control over to the plane, that I become a believer, and then when I see a plane I know and trust that it transports people or things from place to place. God gave me a choice, live by the law without faith, by my doing, my achieving, or live, move and have my being by faith, and receive from the person of Jesus Christ. How do we transition from the chains of law, to the imprisonment by Jesus Christ?
After understanding forgiveness of sins, which took away the negative, I must come to experience my true spiritual identity, the positive, the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and I no longer live, but He lives His life in and through me. Performance, in keeping a set of rules will not make me righteous or bring life; it was the obedience of the second party, the person of Jesus Christ, who completed all things. Faith, the things hoped for and not seen, giving control and trusting, clinging and adhering to the person of Jesus Christ, propels me forward as He reveals Himself through His word. It is not the senses or the mind, will and emotions that reveal this truth, but the Spirit of God living in my heart.
The law is summed up in this, love God, love your neighbor, this will do me no harm or good until by faith I trust in a second party. It is my trust in the faith of Jesus Christ (Christ’s faith) that fills me with joy and peace, from a pure heart, which makes me a believer, and then my belief in Him fulfills His commandment.
My love for my neighbor is to believe by the faith of the Son of God, that He is my life, and that this expression of God embraces my neighbor, as I live out my cross-life. To love God with all my heart, mind and strength is to believe from my new heart the promptings of the Holy Spirit. It is to live out of my new thoughts and feelings having my mind renewed so that I maybe transformed, yielding my body to Jesus, and giving up my strength to Him in weakness, so that He may live powerfully through my members. When I live seeking to please God through law I find sin and death and am drawn away, removed for the life of God , but when I seek the person of Jesus Christ I find freedom and intimacy in what He shares with me,
May, 2004 revised November,2004.
Your brother John

Posts: 6 | From: Ridgeway, Ontario | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Rule
Administrator
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Rule   Email Mike Rule   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks John. I will read this more closely soon.
Posts: 605 | From: Cass City, Michigan USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Rule
Administrator
Member # 2

Ricoel & John
Hey guys, The message went great. I'll have it available in CD real soon, and I would like to send you a copy as a way of saying thanks to you for your prayers and encouragement. Email me your addresses and I'll get it out to you as soon as we get them from the production house.

Shalom
Mike

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home

Copyright 2001-2009 - Living Covenant Ministries International