Living Covenant Ministries International

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Living Covenant Ministries International   » Member Forums   » General Discussion   » God of the Living

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God of the Living
kimpossible
Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimpossible     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him. Luke 20:38

I was looking at this verse and wondering what it means, ALL LIVE unto Him. Is that a revelation that all, meaning whether they have already died that they are alive to him, or even yet to be born are even now alive to him...is this verse a focus on the eternity of God?

Or is it also another statement that ALL live UNTO him, therefore God sees through the resurrection of Christ, ALL made alive TO him, or reconciled?

Or does it mean both?

I find this little verse pretty exciting and no matter how one sees it, it is truly life-bringing news!

Love,
Bonnie

[ December 11, 2006, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: kimpossible ]

--------------------
Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

Posts: 197 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Rule
Administrator
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Rule   Email Mike Rule   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works? And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness! (Matthew 7:22-23 MKJV)

Then He also shall say to those on the left hand, Depart from Me, you cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. For I was hungry, and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty, and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in; I was naked, and you did not clothe Me; I was sick, and in prison, and you did not visit me. Then they will also answer Him, saying, Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to You? Then He shall answer them, saying, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life. (Matthew 25:41-46 MKJV)

The passage you have share in context is

And answering, Jesus said to them, The sons of this world marry and are given in marriage, but they who shall be counted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage. Nor can they die any more, for they are equal to the angels, and are the sons of God, being the sons of the resurrection. But that the dead are raised, even Moses pointed out at the Bush, when he called the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. For He is not God of the dead, but of the living. For all live to Him. (Luke 20:34-38 MKJV)

What I see in this passage in the greater context of scripture is that He is the only God to the people of Life. People of death are not His, not because He has not made it possible for them to be His, but because they refuse to be His. He is saying that anyone who lives, lives unto Him. Those whom many thought dead and gone, even Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, only have their lives because of, and in Him. But even those who refuse Him only have physical life BECAUSE of Him. He wrote

The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of Heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands, nor is served with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives life and breath and all things to all. (Acts 17:24-25 MKJV)

Do I believe in universal reconciliation? Yes. But do I believe all will go to heaven? NO. God has reconciled all men unto Himself through Jesus Christ, but not all men will receive that reconciliation. In this manner man will be judged accordingly. If a person refuses Christ, and is depending upon a righteousness other than Christ's, God will judge according to that ones works. If we are relying on ANY works - either good or bad - to make us acceptable to God, God will judge accordingly and the verdict is "not good enough".

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive the things done through the body, according to that which he has done, whether good or bad. Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men. But we are revealed to God, and I trust also that we are revealed in your consciences. (2 Corinthians 5:10-11 MKJV)

God is the God of the living, not the dead. He admonishes us to continually choose life. HE judges men according to Christ, and not his or her works. But if anyone relies on works, he will judge him or her according to what the individual is relying on for acceptance with God.

I call Heaven and earth to record today against you. I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore, choose life, so that both you and your seed may live, so that you may love Jehovah your God, and that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him. For He is your life and the length of your days, so that you may dwell in the land which Jehovah swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give it to them. (Deuteronomy 30:19-20 MKJV)

I'm outta time right now. I have a meeting. But the GOOD news to me is what you said Bonnie! THIS TRULY IS LIFE BRINGING NEWS!!! IT IS A MESSAGE THAT EXALTS AND LIFTS UP CHRIST! We don't have to agree on anything, He only calls us to love each other and look at Jesus! AMEN!

[ December 11, 2006, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Mike Rule ]

Posts: 605 | From: Cass City, Michigan USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home

Copyright 2001-2009 - Living Covenant Ministries International