Living Covenant Ministries International

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Living Covenant Ministries International   » Member Forums   » General Discussion   » Words and Wondering, Sin and Sacredness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Words and Wondering, Sin and Sacredness
Retapeinoabba
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retapeinoabba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After work today I got home and found my son was there. I gave him a hug and prepared to take a nap [sleepy] . While I slept, my son had started looking at a childrens Bible story book. He came up with some very interesting questions.
After hearing of this my first thought was, " I wish I had been awake... ", but then rested in the fact that if I had been awake, he may have kept the questions to himself.

Dad's are supposed to know all the answers...Right?

Sometimes we ask questions we already know the answers to, but want to be affirmed. Sometimes we need alittle help in our thought process because a concept is not familiar and a trusted friend, (like a parent), is just the support that listens without embarrassing us in our ignorance.

The first question was a somewhat a common one, that young people wonder about. That was: " Why does'nt God talk to us like he did to Cain and Able or others? " And the other one he came up with was: " Well was'nt it sin that Adam and Eve's kids got married? Was'nt that incest? "

To Answer the questions we may begin to draw on our experiences and studies of the past. Remembering the references that we made mental notes of scripture or some philosophy that we have become familiar with. Our sensibilities we take into account and formulate an answer in our mind very quickly. We engage our mouth and bless the inquisitive son with the truth according to ... me.

I think my Lord is telling me that HE can teach me valuable lessons even in my sleep.
How often do I open my mouth and engage in the truth according to me? What do I really want my son to know? Well lets look at his first question. " Why does'nt God talk to us like he did to Cain and Able or others? ". What I really want my son to know is the real voice of GOD. So telling him my version of why GOD does'nt talk in an audible voice that sound waves react with eardrums, does not help my son to the reality to his real need, in the question. [sleepy] It's a good thing that I was asleep [sleepy] . Hearing from GOD is a frequent occurance that we have become so deaf too. Telling my son that, would give him reason to doubt if he himself is not familiar with or hear the true voice of GOD. But even more stifling is if I leave him without the ears to hear.
Our noisy hearts too often drown out the voice that GOD chooses to speak in. We practice listening to our own thoughts far more than thinking the thoughts that GOD gives us. That can be confusing if we tend to see ourselves @ or above GOD's importance. It is an attitude that we learn from little on up, by various teachers, and self-indoctrination. That is why I say it is good that I was asleep [sleepy] , I may have seen the opportunity to be important in my son's eyes and proceeded to indoctrinate him with my thoughts rather than led him to listen as the leader in our family. What better answer could he receive than to hear from GOD HIMSELF, without any echo from me.

Now as far as the First families and their morals, GOD found them to be good and when they missed the mark, HE made some changes. I like it better when HE tells the story. LISTEN.

[ April 27, 2009, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Retapeinoabba ]

--------------------
What you once thought you knew and were will change knowing Jesus.

Posts: 51 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maris
Member # 8

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Maris   Email Maris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God can speak through EVERYTHING. Through me and you and stones etc. And He does it when He wants to.
I sleep in my mind very often and His gentle touch wakes me up again.

Posts: 51 | From: Latvia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Rule
Administrator
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Rule   Email Mike Rule   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey brothers!
Good topic. Isn't it often all our intellectualizing that can get in the way of our child like faith? This is not so say it is mindless, we set our minds too much on the things of earth and not on things above?

Great topic!

Posts: 605 | From: Cass City, Michigan USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maris
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maris   Email Maris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when I was a child my earthly father was like god to me although he did not speak about God and Jesus anything. I believed in EVERYTHING he told me and it was not hard, it was not a problem...
Posts: 51 | From: Latvia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Rule
Administrator
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Rule   Email Mike Rule   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the hard part is when we age we discover our earthly father is human, and he makes mistakes. We begin to discover we cannot trust him. We naturally do the same thing with our Heavenly Father, we subconsciously expect Him to fail us to, and rather than have childlike trust in Him, we begin to distrust Him too, thinking He must not know what HE is doing.

Thoughts?

Posts: 605 | From: Cass City, Michigan USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maris
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maris   Email Maris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is keeping me in His warm hands and I have nothing to fear or worry about. He has made so many precious promises.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home

Copyright 2001-2009 - Living Covenant Ministries International